Monday, July 6, 2015

Monday, July 6, 2015

What a wonderful day in Nicaragua! This has been a day full of door to door evangelism. We went to two different barrios today to share the Gospel.  (One in the morning and one in the afternoon.)
 
Here are just a couple stories from our day: 

This morning, Shelby and Allie were a team and Melonie and I were a team. Shelby and Allie stopped to play baseball with a few young people. After they played, they had the opportunity to share Christ and 3 people were saved! 


At the same time, Melonie and I were off in another direction. I had a chance to talk to three women at one time. There was a guy nearby with a machine that was spraying for mosquitos. (It looked like a cloud of smoke and the machine was really loud.) During our conversation, I think we had to move three different times, because of the noise and the stuff being sprayed. I kept feeling like I was losing my place in what I was sharing, so I kept thinking that all of this must sound so confusing to these ladies. At the end, when I asked them if they wanted to put their faith in Jesus, they all three said yes! That was just yet another reminder to me that it's not about what we say, it's all about the Holy Spirit moving in people's hearts and lives. The Holy Spirit spoke to those ladies and they put their faith in Jesus Christ!


In all, we saw 11 people come to know Christ as their personal Lord and Savior today! What an exciting day! 


We've been having a great time working with the members of our partner church. As we go out to share the Gospel, they take lots of notes on who we visit so they can follow up after we leave. Here's a picture of me with the church's pastor, Jose Luis: 



After our morning door to door, Melonie and one of our translators got out some balloons and a few kids walked up to us. They made some balloon animals and our translator, Maricela, shared about Jesus while they made the balloons. 



I found out about 4:30 this afternoon that they wanted me to go on the radio in Nicaragua at 6:00 tonight and share a message from the Bible. Of course we couldn't pass up that opportunity! In what seemed like very little time, God provided the message that His power is made perfect in our weakness, so I was able to share about finding strength in the Lord: 

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 

It's been another great day in Nicaragua! I don't know if I'll get a chance to post tomorrow. We've got a long day ahead of us with door to door evangelism in the morning, VBS and a women's conference in the afternoon, and movie night at the church tomorrow night. Please be in prayer that God will continue to touch lives tomorrow. If I don't get to post on Tuesday, I'll try to update again on Wednesday! Thank you all for your prayers! 

In Christ, 
Page




 

No comments:

Post a Comment